Microdermabrasion is among the most popular choices for improving the look of aged, uneven or dull skin without undergoing costly and invasive cosmetic procedures. This procedure addresses flaws at the surface level, treating only the outermost layer of skin. It’s performed using a handheld device that gently exfoliates, removing the surface level of dead skin cells and revealing younger skin beneath.
Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that 881,905 microdermabrasion treatments were performed in 2014 and all indications are that number will rise in 2015. Here are five reasons why:
- It’s noninvasive: A top factor for those who want to smoother, tighter, younger looking skin without undergoing cosmetic surgery.
- It’s quick: A single microdermabrasion treatment session lasts less than an hour. Your skincare specialist may recommend a number of sessions, depending upon the condition of your skin and your goals. You’ll see quick results with no downtime.
- It’s painless: Microdermabrasion feels much like a massage. The most you’ll feel is a mild stinging or scraching sensation.
- It’s good for all skin types: While a stronger dermabrasion treatment can result in slight scarring or discoloration for those with darker skin, microdermabrasion is safe and effective for all skin types and colors.
- It’s versatile: Microdermabrasion effectively treats a range of skincare issues. It helps to soften fine lines and wrinkles; smooth coarsely textured skin; treat acne and reduce the appearance of acne scars; minimize enlarged and open pores; even out age spots and other types of hyper-pigmentation; treat sun-damaged skin; brighten dull skin; and boost product penetration, which makes your everyday cleanser, toner and moisturizer work even better.
Find out how microdermabrasion can improve the look and health of your skin by calling 904-461-6797 and scheduling a consultation at Avanti Medical Spa’s St. Augustine or Ponte Vedra location.